Thursday, September 25, 2014

Everything You Didn't Want To Know About Climate Change

Climate change. Ugh, even the word sounds like something you don't want to hear about. I was never a science girl. I was always an English lover. But, last year my class watch An Inconvenient Truth, a documentary about climate change. Climate change never left my mind after that. It was always on my mind, and I knew I wanted to do something, but I didn't know how. Writing a blog post about it isn't going to help, unless there's some way that my blog post, a speck in the electronic universe, can get to President Obama in the White House and get him to think more about climate change. I was on Facebook a couple days ago, looking at the 2014 Climate March in New York City, and as I scrolled through the comments, I saw many different types of people. I read some comments that carried the tone of, "Screw this shit. Climate change is stupid." or "Climate change, my ass." I apologize for my language, but THAT pissed me off. But on the other hand, there were some comments like, "I don't support climate change. I'll be at the march." or "I'm marching for my children, my grandchildren. I'll be there." I wanted to go through all 5,000,000,000 comments and like every single one in which people talked about hating climate change. I wanted to punch in the face the people that said that climate change is stupid. Climate change is making drastic changes on our planet, our only true home. There may be another planet out there that bears a distant similarity to Mother Earth, but nothing like Earth. Nothing like our home. Think now about the polar bears, the polar bears that are loosing their homes because ice is melting because of decisions WE'VE made. But it's not too late. There are many things you can do to slowly reverse the devastation climate change is having. You can help reverse climate change at your house, your office, your school, and in your car. If you need help getting started, visit this website for some tips: http://www.epa.gov/climatechange/wycd/ They have tips for your home, your office, your car and your school. They're not big things, but in the long run it'll make a big difference. Stand with me and the rest of our country in the fight against climate change.


If you want to learn more about the documentary I talked about, visit this website: http://www.takepart.com/an-inconvenient-truth/film


If you want to learn more about the Climate Change March in New York City, find the event on Facebook, videos on YouTube, or visit this website: http://peoplesclimate.org/#host-iframe

No comments:

Post a Comment